Last updated: November 12, 2022
We appreciate you choosing to be a part of the Eduedify.com community.
Your right to privacy and the security of your personal information is important to us. Please email us at [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice or our practices regarding your personal information.
We value your trust in us by visiting https://www.eduedify.com and providing us with your personal information. Your privacy is very important to us. We try to be as clear as possible in this privacy notice about the information we gather, how we use it, and the rights you have in relation to it. We sincerely hope you will take the time to carefully read it because it is significant. Please stop using our Services right away if you disagree with any of the terms in this privacy notice.
This privacy notice is applicable to all data obtained through our Services, which as previously mentioned includes our website, as well as any associated products, promotions, or gatherings.
You can better understand how we use the data we collect if you carefully read this privacy notice.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
- IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
- DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
- DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The information we collect includes: Usage and Log Data. Log and usage data are usage, performance, diagnostic, and service-related data that our servers automatically gather when you access or use our website and that we store in log files. Your IP address, device information, browser type, settings, and information about your usage of the Website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, the pages and files you view, searches you conduct, and other actions you take like which features you use) may all be included in this log data, depending on how you interact with us. This log data may also include information about device event information, including system activity, error reports (sometimes called “crash dumps”), and hardware settings.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use the personal data we receive through our website for a number of business purposes which are detailed below. In order to enter into or carry out a contract with you, with your consent, or in order to comply with our legal obligations, we process your personal information for these reasons based on our legitimate business interests. Next to each of the aforementioned purposes, we list the specific processing justifications we rely on.
We use the information we collect or receive:
We may use your information to deliver the service you’ve requested, to answer your questions, and to address any problems you might encounter while using our Services.
- If this is in accordance with your marketing preferences, we and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing efforts.
- We will obtain personal information from you, for instance, when you indicate an interest in learning more about us or our Website, sign up for marketing materials, or otherwise get in touch with us.
- You always have the option to stop receiving our promotional emails (see “WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?” below).
- We may use the data you provide to develop and deliver content and advertising that is specifically relevant to you (as well as work). Your information might also be used by us for other business needs, like data analysis, spotting usage patterns, gauging the success of marketing campaigns, and assessing and enhancing our website, products, marketing, and user experience. In order to prevent it from being linked to specific end users and from containing personal information, we may use and store this data in aggregated and anonymized form. Without your permission, we will never use identifiable personal information.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
Our use of your data is subject to the following legal justifications:
- Consent: If you have given us express permission to use your personal information for a particular purpose, we may process your data.
- Legitimate Business Interests: When processing your data is reasonably required to further our legitimate business interests, we may do so.
- Performance of a Contract: In the event that we have a contract with you, we may use your personal data to carry out the terms of that agreement.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information when required by law to do so, such as when responding to a court order or subpoena (including when required to do so by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), governmental requests, or legal proceedings.
- Vital Interests: In cases where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible policy violations, suspected fraud, circumstances involving potential threats to the safety of any person, illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved, we may disclose your information.
More specifically, the following circumstances may require us to process your data or disclose your personal information:
- Business Transfers. In connection with or during negotiations of any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company, we may share or transfer your information.
5. IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
Where are our servers situated? Please be aware that if you are accessing our Website from outside the United States, your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities as well as by those third parties in other countries (see “WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?” above).
If you live in the European Economic Area (EEA) or the United Kingdom (UK), you should be aware that these nations might not have data protection laws or other regulations that are as thorough as those in your own. However, we will take all required steps to protect your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and any relevant legal requirements.
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes outlined in this privacy notice (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). No reason in this notice calls for us to keep your personal data for more than two years.
If we no longer have a legitimate business reason to process your personal information, we will either delete it or make it anonymous. If this is not possible (for instance, if the data is contained in backup archives), we will securely store the data and keep it separate from any other processing until deletion is possible.
7. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18 or market to them.
By using the website, you certify that you are at least 18 years old or that you are the parent or legal guardian of a minor who will be using it with your permission. If we become aware that a user under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information, we will immediately deactivate their access and take reasonable steps to delete that information from our files. Please email us at [email protected] if you become aware of any information, we may have obtained from children under the age of 18.
8. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS (GDPR)?
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): You also have the right to file a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority if you reside in the EEA or the UK and believe we are processing your personal information unlawfully. Here is their contact information: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index en.htm.
The contact information for the Swiss data protection authorities can be found here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
Cookies and related technologies: The majority of Web browsers have cookies enabled by default. You can typically choose to set your browser to reject cookies and remove cookies if you’d prefer. Certain functions or services of our website may be impacted if you choose to delete or reject cookies. Visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ to opt out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our website.
9. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
You can turn on the Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting in the majority of web browsers, some mobile operating systems, and mobile applications to indicate that you prefer not to have information about your online browsing activities tracked and collected. There is currently no established uniform technology standard for identifying and utilizing DNT signals. As a result, we currently do not react to DNT browser signals or any other system that automatically communicates your preference not to be tracked online. In the event that an online tracking standard is later adopted that we are required to abide by, we will update this privacy notice to include information about that practice.
10. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS (CCPA)?
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA): The “Shine The Light” law, also known as California Civil Code Section 1798.83, entitles our users who reside in California to request and obtain from us, once a year and without cost, details about the categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with whom we shared personal information in the previous calendar year. If you reside in California and would. If you would like to make such a request, kindly send your request to us in writing at the address listed below.
You have the right to ask that any unwanted information you publicly post on the Website be deleted if you are under 18 years old, live in California, and have an account with the Website. Please contact us using the details listed below, including the email address connected to your account, and state that you are a resident of California in order to request the removal of such data. Please be aware that while we will take steps to ensure the data is not publicly displayed on the Website, it might not be entirely or completely removed from all of our systems (e.g. backups, etc.).
11. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
This privacy notice may occasionally be updated. An updated “Revised” date will be used to identify the updated version, and it will take effect as soon as it is made available. If we make significant changes to this privacy statement, we’ll let you know by either prominently posting a notice of the changes or by sending you a personal message. In order to stay informed about how we are protecting your information, we encourage you to frequently review this privacy notice.
12. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have any inquiries or comments regarding this notice, you can email us at [email protected] or send a message through the website’s social media channels